I study personnel & organizational economics. My research interests lie in job applicant screening and workplace health promotion.
Ph.D. Candidate at Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University (website)
Research Assistant at the Institute for Empirical Research in Organizational Economics, Waseda University (website)
Research Assistant at the Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (website)
Office Address: 601B, Building 121 , 513 Waseda Tsurumaki-cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Screening technologies & worker quality
Health & productivity management
Kitagawa, R., Kuroda, S., Okudaira, H., & Owan, H. (2021). Working from home and productivity under the COVID-19 pandemic: Using survey data of four manufacturing firms. PloS one, 16(12), e0261761.
Work in progress:
Screening and Sorting: Hiring Schemes and Endogenous Applicant Pools
- A theory paper that analyzes the interactions of firms' screening policies and job seekers' endogenous applications when screening and application are both costly.
The Effects of Workplace Mindfulness Programs on Employee Mental Health, Productivity, and Job Satisfaction
- I am planning to run a randomized controlled trial to estimate the treatment effects of a mindfulness app in the workplace. This project is operated in close collaboration with a tech company that provides one of the most popular mindfulness meditation app in Japan.
- This project is funded by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST).
Mental Health of Japanese College Students during Their Job Search
- I am planning to conduct an online survey to measure mental health of college students on the job market in Japan.
- This project is funded by Sylff Association (Sylff Research Grant).
Grants, awards, and honors:
Sylff Research Grant ($5,000[USD], October 2022 - Semptember 2023)
JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists [Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows] (Up to ¥1,500,000[JPY] per annum with a stipend, April 2023 - March 2025)
W-SPRING Fellowship Research Grant (¥500,000[JPY] per annum with a stipend, April 2022 - March 2025)
Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Research Grant ($10,000[USD] per annum, April 2022 - March 2024)
Dean's Award (From Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University, March 2022)
Mamoru Iijima Commemorative Academic Prize (From Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University, March 2022)
Queen’s University Prince Takamado Visiting Student Scholarship ($36,500[CAD], September 2017 - April 2018)